- The FlatLink E (Expert) is a variation of our popular foldable standard FlatLink winch shackle mount.
- The FlatLink E provides a means to eliminate the conventional winch hook and replace it with a safer and more secure screw pin shackle resulting in a CLOSED SYSTEM WINCHING operation.
- The large pear shaped shackle mounting hole allows for attachment to either the pin or bow end of common screw pin shackles, as well as common OEM recovery points. This makes the new FlatLink E more versatile than the current FlatLink design, but it also adds the possibility of a dangerous shackle side loading condition, especially during momentary slack conditions.
- A shackle side loading condition is not possible with our standard FlatLink shackle mount due to the shackle pin mounting constraint. This way the winch operator does not have to monitor whether the shackle may have shifted and rotated in the recovery tackle.
- The FlatLink E is only available in the Military Specification Anodizing (Mil-A-8625 F Type III) hard anodized gray finish.
- Conventional winch hooks can cut and fray recovery straps and often allow strap ends to escape during momentary slack cycles of a typical winching recovery.
- Screw pin shackles do not allow strap loops to escape due to their secure screw pin attachment.
- The FlatLink E does not require splicing and is compatible with steel cables or synthetic ropes up to 3/8 inches in diameter.
- The cable eye is retained in the FlatLink E by a 5/8 inch diameter 6Al4V Titanium double shear pin and internal snap ring.
- Installation takes only minutes.
- The EPDM Rubber Guards protect alloy fairleads and are securely attached to the FlatLink E with 4 barbed tips each.
- The FlatLink E stows neatly against either roller or Hawse type fairleads and is designed to be used with common 3/4 inch shackles.
MADE IN THE USA
U.S. Utility Patent No. 9,388,025
Foreign Patents Pending
FACTOR 55 Orange Flatlink Expert Shackle Mount. 00080-07
6000 Series Billet Aluminum